To illustrate how the body functions with regards to toxicity, I will focus on ‘Metal Fume Fever’, and other detrimental effects from inhalation of toxins. Metal Fume Fever is caused by exposure to fumes given off by heating metal, metal dust, and the subsequent inhalation of zinc oxides and other chemicals and byproducts of metals that arise during this process. This includes fumes from welding, cutting, or brazing of galvanized metal. Metal Fume Fever induces influenza type symptoms; fever, chills, aches and pains, nausea and dizziness.
As a young teenager, I remember working on electronic equipment wherein I used a soldering iron and flux. I did not have the sense to hold my breath, wear a mask, or any other precaution, nor did anyone advise me to do so. It seems to be considered a sign of weakness to wear a mask to protect against toxic substances, and this is the case when it comes to soldering. So, not knowing any better, I inhaled fumes from the flux which contains zinc. This made me sick with panic attacks and fever each time I worked with the solder. I could not understand why I was feeling sick at the time. Being prone to panic attacks due to my bodily and mental health, I did not understand the causes at first. I finally learned why this was happening by studying the ingredients and their effects.
Why would something toxic make the body react similarly to a flu virus? The answer is less complex than one would think. The answer is that the body deals with all toxins in a like manner, with the same type of symptoms. When toxic fumes are inhaled the body is irritated on a cellular level. Toxic substances irritate cells by being inhaled through the sinus cavity, and the respiratory system wherein these toxins make their way to the lungs. Here, cells are damaged by their caustic nature. The body begins to experience symptoms very quickly as it shocks the body into survival mode. Cells try to recover by initiating the immune response. The immune response is very quick to act within the human body and will initiate symptoms of toxic exposure quickly. The greater the toxin exposure, the greater the symptoms, all the way to death of the body.
All smells initiate the olfactory lobe which conducts smell to the brain. This lobe is a structure located in the forebrain that translates odors detected by smell receptor cells in the nasal cavity. These cells extend directly into the olfactory lobe, where information about odors is processed. This lobe can be irritated by smells that it cannot identify and are not natural. Chemical substances irritate the olfactory lobe in a way that damages cells in this area. Phantom Smells, another disorder that modern science has claimed is the sign of a brain tumor, is actually the sign of an olfactory lobe detoxifying from odors that are stored in the cellular makeup and tissue of the lobe.
I have experienced phantom smells that were initiated from smelling a piece of clothing that was heavily sprayed with Febreeze. The smell lasted in my nose for over two weeks. I could not trace the source of the smell. I could be sitting in a room and the smell would arise in my nose, yet, there was no smell around me nor could anyone else smell what I smelled. It was in my head. Whatever artificial perfume was in Febreeze had affected my olfactory lobe. I tried rinsing with nasal washes. I also tried breathing exercises, and induced sneezing. I was eventually able to deduce where the smell was actually coming from; the olfactory lobe.
I observed this over a period of more than two years, as I observed how my body reacts to artificial smells I would come across—whether at the store or from someone’s perfume. I surmised that since I have lived toxin-free, without perfume or deodorizers, that my body had detoxified and my nose and olfactory lobe were very clean compared to almost everyone around me. Since I had lived this way for over 10 years, my system could not deal with these artificial and chemical substances. Since my nose was not desensitized, it becomes obvious very quickly what was toxic and what was not. This same behavior of the nose appears in many individuals, such as smokers, or heavy perfume wearers. Such substances turn off and desensitize nose receptors, which also serve as a protection mechanism to protect the body from toxic substances in nature that will harm man. When someone subjects their body to this on a daily basis, the nose receptors switch off and the body is now open to damage from these substances. If the person cannot smell the substance, and that substance is toxic in nature, they are doing damage to their body over time and do not realize it until it’s too late.
If a body that is clean is subjected to toxins, the body reacts quickly. If the body has a built-up tolerance to toxicity, such as smoking, the body illusory deals with it more easily because it has adapted itself to this new toxic lifestyle. The body adapts, but only partially. It does not suggest that the smoker will live disease-free because his or her body has adapted to their smoking habits. It is the opposite. It means that person will die from disease that manifests from such habits at a later stage in life.